Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta

It's pumpkin season, which means pumpkin everything, coffee, muffins, donuts, breads, m&ms and now this.....Pumpkin Alfredo! I picked up this months Food Network Magazine and flipped through quickly, this is when I came across this image,
along with "50 things to make with canned pumpkin". I quickly found No.5, Pasta with Pumpkin Alfredo. This was so simple I had to try it tonight. A quick trip to the store to grab a can of pumpkin (okay, a few cans, since I am sure I will try a few others) and I headed home to whip this up.
Ingredients
1 box veggie pasta, cooked
10 sage leaves
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups light cream
1 cup canned pumpkin
Pinch of nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese
Like I said, this is super simple. First saute the sage leaves in the butter. Whisk in the cream, pumpkin and nutmeg. Simmer for 5 minutes and toss with pasta. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve topped with grated Parmesan and you can always add a couple sage leaves to make it pretty! That's it, time to enjoy! 
 Stay tuned, I have 49 other pumpkin recipes to go through and possibly try!

No comments:

Post a Comment