Sunday, August 11, 2013

Blackberry Tarts with Homegrown Blackberries

Today when I arrived home I took a walk through the garden as I do every night. As I took a look at the progress of our fruit and vegetable plants I noticed that it was finally time to harvest some blackberries! I began to pick them and soon realized I needed a bowl! I filled it up and started to think about what I should make with them. 


I had bought some pre-made mini graham cracker crusts and also had a tub of cool whip.....that was all I needed!  I began to smash the blackberries with a fork in a large bowl, being careful not to burst all over, blackberry stains are not something I want to have to deal with!  I then began to fill my shells half way with just the berry pieces, reserving the juice.  Once filled I added about a third of the tub of cool whip to the liquid and mixed thoroughly.  I then topped the tarts with the blackberry infused cool whip and topped with a single fresh picked blackberry!  Super easy for a last minute dessert for two or an intimate gathering.  Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment