Monday, August 19, 2013

Peach Cobbler Ice Cream Cake

Yesterday was my moms, something something, birthday.  She didn't want to have a party and just wanted to relax in the pool all day.  I had told her about a recipe I had come across in Food Network Magazine a few weeks back that she said sounded great. I had told her I would make it for her birthday, just because there is no party doesn't mean you shouldn't have a cake! What's better than an ice cream cake in August......? Well, a Peach Cobbler Ice Cream Cake! 

This is not a cake you should attempt to make last minute and expect to just throw it together, there are many many steps involved.  I would have to say this is the most time consuming cake I have ever made. Not so much actual work but waiting. You get to wait anywhere from 15 minutes to 6 hours through the entire, I'd say, 10 hour process. Now don't get me wrong, it is TOTALLY worth it and easy, just time consuming. 

Like I said, this one came from a magazine and I followed the recipe exactly, see below for ingredients and directions:
 Now mine didn't quite look exactly like the original but I would say it came pretty close and the flavor was amazing!  Happy Birthday Mother, I love you! Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment