Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Eggnog Rice Pudding

So now that the holidays are done you most likely have some leftover eggnog lurking in the fridge and just can't drink another glass.  I know that I did and also had some leftover rice from dinner, which got me thinking.....how about some eggnog rice pudding! I threw a few things together not expecting much but let me tell you AMAZING! Now my only problem is I threw it together so I measured nothing, which is why I am currently making another batch to make sure I let you know how to make it correctly. So here is what you will need.


2 cups of cooked white or jasmine rice
1 1/4 cup of eggnog
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey 
1 egg (beaten)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract 
Raisins are optional and can be added to taste




In a medium pan add the rice, 1 cup of eggnog, sugar and honey. Cook on medium/low for about 10 minutes or until thick and creamy, storing occasionally. Next, in a small bowl beat the egg with 1/4 cup of eggnog.  One the rice mixture is ready add a small amount of the rice to the egg mixture to temper the mixture before adding it to the pan. Add this mixture to the pan and cook on low for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and add the butter, vanilla and cinnamon (raison as well, if you choose to). Top with cinnamon, and or whip cream and serve warm. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment