Saturday, February 1, 2014

Super Bowl Party Food

So tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday and I will be heading to my parents to watch the game and of course eat some goodies!  Every year I have my go-to dips that I love to make.  This year I decided to take a look at Pinterest for some inspiration.  I came across so many fun and great ideas and figured I would share them with you.  My top two that I loved, pepperoni football pizza and football deviled eggs, are below and the rest you can find on my "Are you ready for some football" Pinterest page. 

122207CkY
Damnrecipies.com
football deviled eggs
Mymommystyle.com
Now although there are some great ones and I enjoyed looking for new ideas, I settled on my taco dip that I make every year.  It is simple to make ahead of time and even easier to travel with.  Scott is not a fan of football at all, but he is a fan of the taco dip.  So since it is so easy I made one batch for him last night and I'll make another before heading out tomorrow.  If you are still in need of a quick dip here is all you need to get it ready for the big game!
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 16oz container of low-fat sour cream
1 package of mild taco seasoning
1 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
sliced cherry tomatoes to taste
sliced black olives to taste
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend

-In a bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning until smooth and blended
-Spread into the bottom of a pie plate or round serving dish
-Top with chopped lettuce
-Spread half the olives and tomatoes
-Cover with the cheese
-Finish with the remaining olives and tomatoes
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment