Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Grilled Pizza

Who wants to light the oven in the summer time?  Well I know I sure don't if it is not necessary, especially at 450 when you are cooking a pizza!  So tonight we decided to cook our pizza on the grill!  We began by preheating our pizza stone on the grill for about 10 minutes.  We lightly coated the stone with about a TBSP of EVOO before putting in on.  While the stone was heating I prepared out ingredients.  Now me and my husband have completely different tastes when it comes to pizza so we do a half and half.  You can see our choices we used below.
 
Once the ingredients were prepared it was time to roll out the dough.  You can do this with a rolling pin or by hand.  I find it easiest to do it by hand and by the time you are done you can place it right onto the heated stone and cover.  I cook it on each side for about 2 minutes per side.  Now its time for the fun.  Create your pizza with the toppings of your choice, cover and let cook for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
 
I always like to do a layer of cheese right on top of the sauce and a second layer on top of the toppings to hold it all in. As you can see below the cheese on top should be melted but not browned as the heat of the grill can cause the pizza to burn easily so you want to make sure to keep a close eye on it!  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment