Sunday, October 6, 2013

ABC Chicken Noodle Soup

I am tired of making the same old things and as I said in my precious post, with fall comes soup season. I love soups mainly because they are obviously delicious but also since you make a pot on Sunday and lunch is done for the week! This week I made ABC Chicken Noodle Soup, Scott loves chicken soup and made me write down how I made it last time (clearly I didn't find that card and played it by ear).  Here is what you need and how to make, as Scott said "the best chicken soup I ever had".

4 tablespoons EVOO
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1/3 Vidalia onion, chopped
4 stocks celery, chopped
7 large carrots, peeled and sliced
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1 large can chicken stock, low fat and reduced sodium
1 pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, use all white meat and drum sticks chopped
6 sprigs of thyme
6 sprigs of rosemary
1/2 box ABC pasta
First, heat the olive oil in a large pan and saute the garlic for about 2 minutes on low, being careful not to burn it.  Next add the onion and celery and let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring as needed.  Add the carrots and cook for another 5-10 minutes.  Add the salt and pepper fo taste. Add the chicken stock and chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce to low, add the springs of thyme and rosemary (I tie then together with string for easy removal) and simmer for about 30 minutes to an hour (until carrots are tender). Turn the heat off, remove the herbs and add the pasta. Cover and let sit for about 15 minutes. Spoon into bowls and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment