Monday, August 20, 2012

Fajita Quesadilla

Tonight I felt like Mexican food after working a 10 hour day! Quesadilla's are so simple to make and easy to make two versions at the same time. I'm on a health kick so I used low fat ingredients and whole wheat tortillas while my husband had the most fat he could take!

I start by cooking a yummy filling made of Fajita seasoning, chicken and sweet bell peppers.  Now I am not a pepper person at all but once they are cooked down with the seasoning you can barely tell they are there but still get the nutrients of a veggie.  Once that is done and my quesadilla maker is pre-heated I add a tortilla, a layer of cheese, black olives, the cooked filling and a final layer of cheese.  Top that with a second tortilla, close the cooker and wait for the light to turn green...........ding! Within minutes it is done and ready to serve!
I like to add some low fat sour cream and picante sauce for dipping!  the little cups are not needed but don't they just look too good! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment