Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Spicy Pineapple Crockpot Chicken

I love the taste of rich foods with lots of flavor and a bit of spice, but after that I always feel like a need something a little sweet.  To cover all the flavors above I came up with my latest crockpot meal.  I love using a crockpot as I can prepare dinner before leaving for the day and it is done and ready to go right when I walk int he door 8 hours later!  It also slow cooks the meat to really infuse and soak up all those yummy flavors!  For my Spicy Pineapple Chicken you will need the following:

Roughly 10 Chicken Tenders (may be frozen)
1/2 Jar Tostitos Pineapple Peach Salsa
1/2 Bottle Archer Farms Hot Chile Pineapple Grilling Sauce
1/2 Package of McCormick Fajita Seasoning
1 Bottle Light Beer
1 Cup Water

I always begin by lining my crockpot with a liner, this means no clean up later! Place the chicken in the bottom of the pot and sprinkle with 1/2 a package of Fajita Seasoning.  Next pour in 1/2 the beer and water around the chicken. Top the chicken with 1/2 bottle of Hot Chile Pineapple grilling sauce and spoon the salsa into the liquid.  Cover, set to low and go on with your day.  Return roughly 6-8 hours later and shred the chicken.  Return chicken to the pot and ass the other half of the beer.  Let simmer on low for about 30 minutes more while you cook rice to serve it over.

 Place the Spicy Pineapple Chicken over rice and top with sea salt and parsley! The perfect mix of spicy and sweet all in one bowl.....Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment