Saturday, August 18, 2012

Smoothie on the go!

So I recently moved and have been out of touch with cooking.  We are now settled and back to cooking normally.  With winter and Holidays fastly approaching I have decided to change my eating habits to prepare for those few extra pounds everyone seems to gain during the holidays! My main rule is to eat nothing white (with the exception of 1% or Almond milk and eggs), I can still eat rice, pasta and bread but they all have to be whole grain.  Breakfast is the hardest meal for me as I wake up and go every morning with no time to eat.  To make sure I get my morning nutrients I prepared the below breakfast smoothie this evening so it is ready to grab and go in the AM!
I like to mix up my fruits but for this one I used 2 banana's, 1 mango, 1 cup mango greek yogurt and almond milk.This cup also has a stirrer on the bottom to mix it up a little after sitting in the fridge all night.  I found this awesome cup at my local Marshall's for only $3.99!


No comments:

Post a Comment