Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Mini Pizza to Order!

Of course my husband and I could agree on a pizza if we had to but we have completely different tastes when it come to a good pizza.  To him, the more meat the better and to me, the less of everything the better.  I came across individual pizza crusts at the store the other day which are just perfect for us. To have with my "New Year, New You" post  I picked up a couple packages, whole wheat for me and regular for him. You can put almost anything on a pizza so it is completely up to your taste.  Here is what I used on ours tonight:

Whole Wheat Crust
Organic Pizza Sauce
Black Olives
Low Fat Mozzarella 
Basil

Regular Crust
Bacon (cooked and chopped)
Pizza Blend Shredded Cheese
Jalapeno Block Cheese
Green Onions

I used the same sauce on both pizza crusts.  I then added cubed mozzarella, black olives and basil to the whole wheat crust.  Mozzarella is a cheese that is high in protein which is why I chose it since I am not easting meat this month.  Now on to Scott's, he wanted me to try two different versions (both of which he loved).  On half we did just the shredded jalapeno cheese with chopped green onion.  On the other side we did a layer of bacon topped with the pizza cheese blend and then topped with more bacon and green onion.  Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on top of both to your liking and pop them in the toaster oven or regular oven.  They will only take about 8 minutes to cook so they are easy to throw together even for a quick lunch! 

The small crust is a perfect serving size which will help you not overeat. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment