Saturday, January 12, 2013

Slow Cooked BBQ Pulled Pork


I made this about a week or so ago, in fact I believe it was my last meal with meat that I had.  Let me tell you, probably one of the best tasting meats I've had in a long time AND the easiest.  I've been making pulled pork for a while now so I decided to try something new, I mean its always good when I make it normally but I wanted that little extra flavor in there.  I used about 3lbs of Boneless Pork Butt for this recipe and started by coating them is a McCormick Grill Mates Slow and Low Memphis Pit BBQ Rub.  I then added them to my lined slow cooker (saves on cleanup!).  Next I created a sauce also using a McCormick seasoning mix specifically for pulled pork and followed the instructions on the back.  Pour your sauce over the meat, set cooker on low and now you have about 7 hours to do whatever you want.  

After you have read you book, watched tv, cleaned, brought the dog for a walk, worked or possibly all of the above its time to check your pork.  I like to remove it from the crock-pot to shred it so that I don't puncture my liner and love all those juices. You will know it ready for shredding when it just falls apart just from poking it with a fork.  Shred all the meat and return to the pot, stir in all those juices and let simmer for another hour.  NOW we are ready to serve, I prefer it in a sandwich but you can always eat it as is as well.  What do you think?!?!? Delish isn't it! AND now you have lunch for tomorrow as well! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment