Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Green Monster - Flour Girls Baking Company

I was in bit of a time crunch for lunch yesterday and did not want to resort to something fast on the go since, lets face it, things that are fast on the go are NOT good for you the majority of the time.  Then I remembered I saw that Flour Girls Baking Company and Cafe now has smoothies.  The perfect grab and go quick lunch to have while on the road.  


I went with The Green Monster which seemed to me to be the healthiest option for me as it was made with almond milk, almond butter, flax seed, banana and spinach.  You get your dose of fruit and veggies as well as dairy.  Flax seed is great for your health as it is most popularly known to lower overall cholesterol levels especially LDL levels and to help prevent heart attacks.  Newer studies on Flax Seed and now showing it may help in the prevention of cancer, specifically breast cancer, due to the fact that it is high in Lignan, which provides fiber to your body.  

So next time you are in the Fairhaven, Ma area be sure to stop by and check out The Flour Girls! 


No comments:

Post a Comment