Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chilly Weather Chili

It tends to be a bit chilly in New England this time of year.  What better to warm you up than a big hot bowl of chili?!?!?  I am not going to lie, I have never made chili before since I don't really like it but my husband does so I figured I would give it a go.  I researched a few different ways to make it and most people prefer slow cooked chili that sits and simmers for hours.  I did not have this kind of time today and needed a quick version.  My chili only took about 45minutes from start to finish! Here is what you will need to begin:

1.3lbs of 15% fat Hamburg 
1 sweet onion chopped
1 can of chili (14oz)
1 can tomato sauce (8oz)
1 can regular rotel (14oz)
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies (We like the spice you can use just a can of diced tomato 14oz)
1 package of chili seasoning
1 cup water

Cook hamburg and onion in large stock pot until hamburg is fully cooked.  Next stir in the seasoning to the hamburg.  Finally add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.  Once boiling reduce to a simmer and cover for about 20minutes.  That't it, it is that simple!  Now just pour into a bowl and top with the shredded cheese of your choice! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment