Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Whole Grains with a side of Mushrooms

After eating mainly fruits and veggies the past few days I was needing something with flavor and wholesomeness.  I decided to try Near East 100% natural Whole Grain Blends.  I am usually not a huge rice fan but I am now wishing I bought more than one box to try.....it was absolutely DELISH! I used the Roasted Pecan and Garlic but they have many different flavors to try and there is 1 serving of Whole Grains per a 1cup serving as well as a bit of protein to since I am not eating meat this month.
On that note, my husband still is eating meat so tonight I made him zesty herb pan seared chicken tenders topped with sauteed baby bella mushrooms. What you will need to prepare the mushrooms:

1/2 cup baby bella's sliced
2 T EVOO
2 T Margarine
2 T Minced Garlic
2 T green onion chopped

Heat oil in a medium skillet and add garlic.  Let cook for a few minutes while stirring.  Stir in 1 tablespoon of the margarine.  Next add the onion and mushrooms and let simmer for about 10 minutes.  Make sure to stir occasionally so that they do not stick and burn.  Lastly add the last tablespoon of butter and simmer for 2 additional minutes.  Remove mushrooms while leaving some garlic and butter behind to cook the chicken in.** Top the cooked chicken with the mushrooms and ENJOY!

 ** The chicken was coated in a Zesty Herb marinade mix by McCormick and then added to the pan after the mushrooms were removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment