Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year, New You

Things got a little busy these past few months between work and the holiday season.  I am starting off the new year with a health kick, doesn't' everyone??!?!?  The thing is I don't believe in diets, most of them are just a fad and you will go right back to eating normal and gaining every pound you lost right back. You have to look at it more as a lifestyle change and set goals for the year rather than a resolution.  My first goal for the year is to eat more natural foods such as fruits and veggies so for the month of January I decided not to eat meat to focus more on healthy salads and cut out those sandwiches and big lunches!

I love the taste of fruit mixed with veggies and salads do not have to contain lettuce and be covered in fattening dressings.


Take the above for example. I took one large Holland cucumber, 1/2 a can of black olives, 1 gala apple and 1 cup of grapes.  You can cut them to your liking and combine in a bowl.  I then added 2 tablespoons of a red wine vinaigrette.  Lastly add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.  The acid from the lemon juice helps keep yours apples from getting brown so you salad will stay and LOOK fresh for days. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment